Because common household pests such as termites, ants, cockroaches and rodents can a pose a threat to the safety of your home and its occupants, we have put together some pest prevention tips below.
- Keep your home clean.
- Tidy up clutter to remove hiding places for spiders, rats, mice and cockroaches.
- Eliminate sources of food for pests by keeping the kitchen both spill and crumb free, and keeping food in sealed containers.
- Get rid of areas of high moisture - many pests such as flies and mosquitoes are attracted to damp areas which provide breeding grounds for them.
- Run dehumidifiers in bathrooms and wet areas, fix leaky pipes and taps, and ensure there are no areas of standing water in the home.
- Don’t leave food out, and make a habit of removing rubbish from your home on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all rubbish is placed in a council approved bin, and store the bin in appropriate area away from your home.
- Repair torn insect screens on your windows and doors and make sure there are no gaps where pests can gain entry between window and door frames.
- Keep windows and doors closed if they don’t have insect screens fitted.
Following these pest prevention tips can help keep invading pests to a minimum, but it should also be backed up with pest control maintenance services from a reputable pest control company to ensure complete year round pest prevention.